Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a spare set of dash gauges made for Spec 1 N/A R33s Skylines.

Pictures of the gauges installed are in this thread that I just submitted tonight. There's also a couple of picture attachments to this post.

More installed pics: here are a couple of new pictures (uploaded March 21).

The gauge material is 1,5mm thick black acrylic sheet with a top layer of faux brushed aluminum (looks very real and could easily have fooled me if I hadn't known).

There are only two of these sets in existence, and the other one was installed in my car earlier tonight.

I wanted a unique one-of-a-kind dash and the only reason this second set was even made, was the fact that there was room for a second set on the piece of acrylic sheet they were cut from.

The gauges owe me 10 hours of design work (technical drawing) and quite a bit of money. I'm considering selling this second set to cover some of the expense I've had making the two sets.

If you are from Norway or any of the other Scandinavian countries, I will NOT sell these gauges to you. I want mine to be the only ones in the region. Buyers from the UK or other countries overseas are welcome. :)

Installation requirements
- First of all: If you have more than two thumbs, installing these gauges is not for you.
- The numbers and symbols are cut all the way through the acrylic, and a sheet of light distribution film will need to be installed (glued) between the dash housing and the gauges. This film will be supplied with the gauges.
- Fitment is 99,9%. A few of the positioning holes should have been a tad bit larger, but they will press on to the installation points.
- The gauge needles will have to be removed. This shouldn't be an issue as long as you make preparations to recalibrate them. Mine are back on and working as they did before, give or take 1-2 kmh and 100-200 rpm (measured), after 15 minutes of adjusting.
- Resting points for the gauge needles (4 small black pins poking out of the old gauges at the "0" position) need to be taken off the old gauges and re-used.
- LED bulbs (180 degree ones) in blue or other colour of preference should be installed for best result. The original bulbs will most likely be too weak. LED's are readily available at a couple of pounds a piece (5 needed).

Pricing
I'm not sure what they're worth. As I've said, they owe me a lot of work and money, but I'm not expecting to make any profit from them whatsoever. Experience has taught me that an object is worth only as much as the market is willing to pay for it.

With that in mind I'm asking £40 including postage to the UK, but feel free to make bids. I'm leaving it here for a few days before I sell it to see what kind of price range people put something like this in.

Further installation instructions will be given if required.
Cheers!

edit: there is no hole for the Hicas light, as I've had enough of the orange bugger irritating me. ;)

Attachments

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM replied.

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now for sale again, as those who showed interest have gone quiet.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Do you have pictures?

Taking the needles off sounds like a mission. I had a spare speedo that I took apart to see how difficult it was and the needles are attached to wound copper, not sure how you would go about getting them back on - perhaps you can expand on that a little..

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As mentioned in the first post, there are a few pictures in this thread.

In the same thread I've elaborated a bit on the gauge installation and necessary needle calibration.

Eric A, I got your PM and have replied.

:cheers:

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still for sale.

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First post updated with: