Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip to Rod Bell Motorsport yesterday, i was having some problems with accleration on my gtst and phoned him for some advice, he told me cos i was only a couple of miles away to pop down and he'd see what the problem was, anyway to cut a long story short, within 5 minutes and a short test drive he'd diagnosed the fault and cured it ( OVERBOOST ) causing hesitation on acceleration.

I asked him how much i owed him, but he wouldn't take anything off me, WHAT A GUY!

ANYWAY, he did mention the best move now was to fit an after market ecu and controller, the FC Commander, he said it'd cost abt a grand to buy it, have it installed and remapped to my cars specs. He said it'd improve the cars performance no end and also provide some protection against engine mishaps.

Now i'm well prepared to pay the money if it'll do all this, but has anyone else got one of these fitted and would you recommend it? does it do what it says on the tin?

regards

ricky

·
Registered
563 Posts
i have one i'm go to RB aswell to get it maped. everybody i know who has one thinks that they are the dogs bollocks :)
they come highly recommend
hope this help .
(u may have a problem finding one aswell)

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Power FC's are good bits of kit on a Gts-t. Well worth getting early on in the modding scheme, as it can be remapped as you do more mods.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can vouch for the Power FC & Commander on my last car, it transformed it in a big way and at the same time give you peace of mind that everything is setup well.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Yeah rod bell seems a top bloke, phoned him yesterday about unlocking my power fc as my previous tuner is being awkward about giving me the password?!?!?!. And most other places i have phoned have said the password is needed. Was on the phone about 2 mins and he had talked me through how to reset it no password required. I just need to run my new engine in now, then i will be taking a trip down to see him for a remap. Anyone know how much he charges??

·
Registered
145 Posts
just had my gtr mapped by rod! he will actually spend some time and tell you how to do some basic adjustments on your pfc yourself! defintly money well spent!

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Wow, Rod sounds like a Top bloke to me, it always diffucult to know who it trust with ur engine, most people dont seem to both as much as this guy,

Ecu is def next on my list! Hope ill be seeing Rod in the future!

Pete :angel:

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
i know this is an old post, but ive just bought myself a power FC and i need a re-map, any of you guys got the number for Rod Bell Motorsport? :cheers: :boobies:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
01704 822848

Post code.

L4O 2QU

Youll probably speak to Steve..

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
:cheers: :boobies: Spank you very much matey!
where are they they based mate?

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
when you go for your remap ask him about his forged pistons all stamped rb motorsport dogs bollocks man realy knows his stuff comes highly recomended with the tuners in scotland

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Thanx very much guys, im defo gonna give em a bell on monday. :dogpile: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts