Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First plan for car is full service;

Plugs - thinking NGK iridiums. What leads (or is it coil thingies) do people recommend?

Cambelt kits. Where's best place to source them?

Second stop will be rr tuners;

Was thinking Interpro but would be pleased to learn of any alternaltives within reasonable travelling distance?

Thanks Vicky. :)

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
stupid question, as it says on ur profile

but interpro would be the last place i would take it

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Norris Designs are in Bath....dont think thats too far for you...but as far as I know they dont have a rr..

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sco j wrote;

'interpro would be the last place i would take it'

Lol, that's why i said that i would be pleased to learn of somewhere else.

Really would have preferred to get it rr's, to see if everything as it should be, get afc set-up and get base line for future work. The only other rr's i know of in the area is Willfield Motors in S.Wales and Stealth Engineering in Weston (rr being built now) but dont know whether either of these gonna know about Skyline.

Bath is local Tigger so will check out Norris Designs too. Guess safer to let some-one who knows about them look at it than let bunch of idiots blow it up on rollers!

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
power station is the other one i know of in bristol, they r a lot better than interpro, i had nothing but problems when i took cars there in the past, and are getting a bad reputation now,

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, m8 of mine took his car there recently for unichip. They told him it had wrong ecu in it, kept it for days and charged a fortune. As he had the car from new the whole thing sounded plain wrong to me. :confused:

Have never trusted my veccie to them. Not heard of power station, will look them up though. Thanks.

Downloaded some files about the Apexi s-afc and it doesn't sound that difficult to set up anyway.

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
power station are one of those who people have never heard of, but they mainly deal with all the high performance cars, and i know they have done skyline's when i spoke to them last, if u get any probs tryinf to get hold of them, let me know and i'll get there number for u!!!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank-you. :)

Making plans and learning stuff is all that's getting me through the longest week! :D

(Cambelt change on Skyline is way cheaper than the vxl then. How wierd is that, lol).

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I used to travel from Reading to Wigan to visit Hiteq for my pulsar, I would never have taken it elsewhere.....so sometimes it worth travelling further afield if you want to make sure that your pride and joy is being looked after...!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Winterbourne, is there a pub called Golden Heart? If so, know the area a little cos the vauxhall regional meets held there.

Has Power Station got rr?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Didn't know Norris Designs were in Bath,recently had new uprated turbo's fitted not running quite right so i may take the car to norris.
I've heard there is a very good tuner in the Gloucester area who has a 4x4 rolling road but no idea who they are.Any idea's?i would like to get my car on rr see the power and make sure it's set up right.

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
vicky, yeah i live near the golden heart, they have TVR meeting there also, and power station has got a rolling road to my knowledge

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Vicky don't assume the cam belt will be less than the Vauxhall one was. The part may not be too expensive but it's about 4 hours work apparently. I've just been checking it out to get mine done. Or is it different on GTS-Ts?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts