Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q1. What is the widest tyres i can fit on the rear before they start to catch on the arches? i have standard suspension with 18" Rota GTR wheels with 255/40 R18 tyres but i'm wanting to put 265's on if possible

Q2. when should an r33 gtst hit the rev limit? i've had mine up to 8000rpm and it still hadn't hit the limiter so i got scared and changed gear before it went pop

Q3. (in relation to Q2) what are the bee r rev limiters like?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi,providing your wheels are 30/35 offset 265 tyres should fit fine.Rev limit on a standard engine should be arround 7200rpm,do you have an after market ecu fitted.I have a bee-r fitted and they work fine,just use it as it was meant to be used not banging it off the rev limit to get some flames(you can treat yourself now and again lol).Cheers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
as far as i know the ecu is standard or the guy i bought it off didnt tell me otherwise, where is the ecu located and i'll see if theres anything writen on it?

do the rev limiters take much fitting? (bearing in mind electronics arent my strong point:( )

·
Seasoned Member
1,735 Posts
Hi,providing your wheels are 30/35 offset 265 tyres should fit fine.Rev limit on a standard engine should be arround 7200rpm,do you have an after market ecu fitted.I have a bee-r fitted and they work fine,just use it as it was meant to be used not banging it off the rev limit to get some flames(you can treat yourself now and again lol).Cheers.
Thanks Eric, im useless at this advice stuff :rofl:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Are you just going off the rev counter in the instrument panel? They are about as accurate as the std oil pressure gauges...:grinno:

Unless your engine has had some serious valve train modifications then it would go bang well before 8k

The ecu is located in the passenger footwell fwiw

·
Registered
238 Posts
mine hit on 7100 rpm before remap and just before 7400 now but never take it there 7k max when drivin with a heavy right foot

·
PR/Media Representative
3,183 Posts
Well with my R33, I'm running 275/35 18s on the rear, have been told that with the correct off set, you can go upto 295, but the clearances are very tight. With regard to Rev limit, I'm using an APEXI PFC, although it can go slightly above the 7000 redline, I usually try and keep it around the 6800-6900 for safety. Hope that gives you some more info buddy. Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts