Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorting out my r33 GTR vspec as i finally have some cash and so far i have installed a decat pipe, a full hks exhaust system, uprated clutch. i have a profec b boost controller which i havent sorted yet so now i'm looking at the other parts to sort out. ive had mixed reviews whether induction kits are worth it so not sure about that yet. is it worth buying a fmic or fuel pump? i'm not upgrading the turbos as its too costly and ecu wise i'm stumped on what to get. i want to get the most power out the car without killing the turbos or engine so not just sticking the boost up to a dangerous level. turbo elbows have been mentioned but what do they actully do?? is upgrading them that important? i just need a decent R33 GTR list as everyone on here seems to have a GTST lol. really struggling to find a prime r33 gtr with a really good mods list (up until changing the turbos). I had a supra tt before the skyline and a bpu was just a deact, exhaust system and boost controller, re-map for a few more ponies and 400bhp was easily achieved. this skyline seems to be an endless barrel of confusion and i really want to spend my cash on some decent useful mods, hopefully giving a lot more power. any help???

·
in love with the twins
781 Posts
good question, im in the same postion, ive hks down pipes,blitz exhaust,hks induction, and 350bhp chip, dont know were to go next either!

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
The GTR is a little like the GTST in that you get to a stage and then it gets expensive to go further. The RB26 is quite easy to get 400-430 with not too many mods.

Full exhaust system
Downpipes
Induction
Boost increase to 1.0b
ECU/Remap

The front mount intercooler is good for 550bhp so will not give much gain at stage one. The fuel pump and injectors are good for 460bhp if they are in good condition.

Richard

·
in love with the twins
781 Posts
i got boost of 1 bar as well ,got print out of when chip and boost where done of 350bhp, that was with standard exhaust and cat and standard air box, so guessing i have 350-400bhp.Whats after all rsp said to complete stange 1

·
Registered
35 Posts
personally induction is essential my 33 gtr at rhe moment is as follows

apexi downpipes and full stainless exhaust
blitz induction kit
boost hike to approx 1bar
twin plate clutch

going on

z32 mafs and apexi power fc ecu
apexi induction kit
hks suction kit and twin turbo replacement pipe
tomei type b poncams and pullies
front mount oil cooler and remote oil filter
ally rad
kakimoto exhaust system
700cc sard injectors
sard type rj fuel pressure reg

i think the next stage to go for is the front mounted oil cooler as that really allows you to go on trackdays etc if you like

like you i did not really want to go and change the turbos as thats when it gets expensive! but im guessing it will happen at some point as everything else will be able to handle it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.