Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to see my new car, its just had its MOT and due to pick it up on sat.

It originally failed teh MOT on emissions and apparnly this was due to the lambda sensor (no idea what that is airflow sensor?) so they 'fixed' that..What does that mean ?

Also an adviosry it has is small play in the anti roll bar bush..How much of a problem is this? Driving the car it doesnt feel like theres any excess feedback through the steering or body roll, but i not really pushed the car at all.

The car has 55k miles on the clock, I'm wondering when I should be thinking of getting belts (cam/timing etc) changed? I had to push the budget quite a bit on this car (its such a nice one tho) so i would like to get any potential work done ASAP.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
on the kmph/mph 57k can be here of there of way off best thing to do first is timing belt and tensioners and slap the other 3 belts fan/alternator/power steering on while you getting the timing belt done.i got eveything from middlehurst for 230quids.do not ever compromise on a timing belt only original or h.k.s or greddy nothing cheapy o.k. good luck:)

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
welcome bob i always service a car dosent matter what kind it is when i buy it that way i know that it has been done, and oil and filter change every 3000 miles on the skyline thats what they like best of luck with the car, and wouldnt worry too much on the advisory as its not bad enough to fail an mot but still safe just got a bit of ware something that can be done in the coming months

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!

I picked the car up now and love it!
I'll try and pick the belts up early december, I simply cant afford to get them at the moment. I'l just have to resist using the car too much until then.

I'm not confident enough to change the belt's on this car myself so I need to find a decent garage :s

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
lamda sensor is in the exhaust (turbo elbow) and its readings are used to adjust the mixture to achieve correct emissions
afm measures the amount of air that is taken in by the engine, and its located just after the air filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts