Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally found the time to get the turbo off today, to see if i could find out what happened the other month as soon as it came off all was revealed check out the pic spot the problem.

but it didnt end there i though id take the manifold off while i was at it, which caused more problems i noticed that there was a bolt missing or what i thought was missing and another one just came off in my hand leaving all the thread section in the head anyway got the manifold off and had a look at the hole where the bolt was missing and again there was the thread section still in the head so now im stuck with 2 bolts with the thread sections stuck in the head.

ive got some screw extractors but i cant decide if i should have a go myself or just take the head off and get them took out at a shop (may as well have the head skimmed at the same time) and then put a metal head gasket on could save me time in the future.

has any one had this problem before

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
ooh i think there should be somthing in that hole:eek:

have you found the bits in the exhaust yet?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not yet mate ill take the cat off tomorow to see what i can find

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
yes snapped manifold studs are a common fault, you dont need to remove the head to extract them either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts