Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have standing water in my boot and on searching threads i have found quite a few people have had the same problem, most people have sorted it via trial and error i.e. change this / change that has it worked yes/no.

However on one thread someone locked it down to the seal around his rear lights via "the use of a trusty kettle and hot water" How does this work? im kinda unwilling to rip out my entire boot if i can identifiy the problem easly.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
The best way to find the leak is to submerge the entire car in a swimming pool and look for where the bubbles come out.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
next time you get water in the boot, before driving it anywhere have a look inside the boot. Specifically around the indicator and reversing light lense. There are quite a few holes/gaps near the bottom of the bulb holders.. (but dont think about sealing these up! lol!) You may find that this is where the water is coming from. you should be able to see where the water has overflowed from out of the lenses.
If thats the only place the water is leaking from there are a couple of options.

1. Doing the job properly and attempting to remove the whole cluster unit, reseal and refit (good luck with that one!)

2. Or drill a drain hole in the bottom of the indicator and reversing light so it no longer over flows in to the boot. (this can be done without removing the cluster unit by removing the bulb holder units and drilling through the openings)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Im the same I have leak in my R33 boot but it defo isnt coming in at the lights as they are all sealed up.

It seams to be coming in at the back near the hinges of the boot. But the seals are grand in this location???

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Im the same I have leak in my R33 boot but it defo isnt coming in at the lights as they are all sealed up.

It seams to be coming in at the back near the hinges of the boot. But the seals are grand in this location???
you have the same problem as me, if you look closely there are three pannels that join around that area (hard to see but they are there) and the paint over one of them is cracked on mine and the water is coming in through there, also with me it does'nt help that my drive slope's towards the road so when it rains the water just sits there and does'nt drain away, i will be sorting it out in a few weeks time so if i remember i will post up a few pics of what i'm doing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts