Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to get a nice photo to try and get on the calander, but now realise i have no idea what im doing :D think i need to read about what all the iso stuff does and try again, instead of just trying all the settings out randomly! The first few are the sort i wanted, but is it possible to take pictures in that sort of light without a flash? i only have a midrange standard pana lumix camera (not slr).

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
The lumix should have a mode for this type of light, what you want is a bit of fill in flash with the camera taking care of the background the flash mode with a S should do it. Or google slow shutter sync. A tripod would help. The best way to do this is with the flash off the camera and paint the car with light, lots of low power flashes. If you don't have a flash gun try an old camera and experiment with the exposure.

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Next tip is the background is as important as the subject, get it just out of focus is nice and watch out for trees and stuff growing out of your car. And remember the rule of thirds dont put your subject in the centre of the frame.

·
Sir Snap a lot
1,093 Posts
Try not turn up your ISO, you really don't need to.

If your camera has a manual setting or lets you control the shutter speed, put your camera onto a tripod or other very solid/ stable object and slow your shutter speed down.

Failing that, use your flash but cover it with one piece of white paper to dull it down a bit, see how that looks and fold the paper over if it is still too bright- and so on and so on until you get the car lit up but keep the colour in the back ground.

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
the last few went alright i thought

·
SE Member / DJ
281 Posts
Was this using a DSLR? looking good man the only problem i noticed with one of them was flash reply on the number plate :( all in all though wicked pictures

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the comments and feedback, lots of things for me to try out tonight weather/light permitting. Its not a DSLR btw, though i used to have access to the lumix version of a dslr, i miss that camera!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts