Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To cut a long story short! Last night a guy called me up to say he wanted to go and try out his Evo 9MR against my skyline. Now just to inform you all our best quality fuel is about as good as Rat pee! 91 if we lucky... but about two weeks ago i brought in 102.6 Race gas from South Africa, brought in 250lt of the stuff to start a small business as i kinda know that good fuel can make all the difference. What that guy didnt know is that i had this gas in my car. So he was on pump gas and i was on 102.6 and let me tell you!!! i can not believe the difference it made. There are no tuning firms here. so all our cars are either factory tuned or after market ECU's tuned for japan. Awhile ago he dropped me like i was the other side of the highway. But this time.. i must have put about 2 to 3 car lenth on him.

All done on an abandoned airstrip on a friends farm!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
You can't beat good quality fuel for power gains and reliabilty, which is why I use methanol injection @116 Octane.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... i have myself an R33 GTR Vspec. And here is Lusaka, Zambia. The guy with the EVO was assured that he would not be beaten by me. But for some reason he just couldnt keep up. I have a almost full stage 1 kit, except a down pipe and up pipes. I wish i could fit a water meth kit, but as i said before... there are no dynos here to set such a system up.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
You don't need a dyno to set the kit up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The difference with my car and the EVO is that it was actually tuned in South Africa by a top class company. He had to take our fuel there and then have it tuned to it. He says it made 360HP! how much i believe that with our poor fuel... :whip: I dont think so. As for the water meth kit... How do i know if i'm over doing it? in other words. If i'm pumping too much water meth into the motor. And am i right in saying that fitting one of the nozzles just after the intercooler is ok?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts