Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am hoping to collect my gts-t this weekend and was wondering what mods you could recommend to do first. i am just looking for little mods nothing too expensive to begin with.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Theres no such thing as "not too expensive" where a skyline is concerned mate! First mods i went for when i first started on mine was:
Air filter APEXI
oversized down pipe
de-cat pipe
nice HHS exhaust
irridium plugs
Front mounted intercooler

With these mods you will get your turbo and engine breathing nicely!

then comes the even more expensive stuff!
stainless manifold
uprated fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
bigger injectors
uprated coil packs
mappable ECU

You can just go on spending forever, but it just keeps getting better and better!
Good luck with the new Skyline ownership mate.
and its true what they say... "once you have had a skyline, theres no goin back"

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Spend the money on the suspension and brakes first, no point in putting all that power in if you cant go round a corner or stop in general.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Spend the money on the suspension and brakes first, no point in putting all that power in if you cant go round a corner or stop in general.
agreed

and i wouldn't do to much yet get used to the car befor you start messing with it

but this is what i would start with
Air filter APEXI
turbo elbow
3" down pipe
de-cat pipe
nice after market exhaust
irridium plugs

wouldn't bother with a front mounted intercooler just yet as you car will already be suffering from flat spots and over fueling from the mods i have already listed, you will need some sort of ECU (apexi power FC) or piggy back ECU (apexi SAFCII or NEO) to control the fueling and an hour on the rollers to set it up

so thats your first £1000 gone but should see you pushing around 300bhp:grinno:

one other thing that may need changing as you start modding is the coilpacks, a set of splitfires will set you back £280-£300 but they are woth it and make sure you buy the correct ones, there is spec 1 and spec 2

keep an eye on the for sale section as you can get some good priced performance parts when people up grade, this will help keep the cost down a bit

if you are interested i am removeing my turbo elbow and 3" HKS downpipe at the week end

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry for this but how much for the elbow as im looking to take mine from standard and mod it a bit but thinking of starting with bigger discs and pads and sorting suspension out have one or two little bits on already

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.