Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted my front mount to my GTS-T yesterday.

Proper mission due to them not giving any instructions with them (none of the FMICs for a Skyline come with instructions for some reason????)

Anyway, worked it out in the end and very happy with the results!

Car in standard form....

Front end mostly dismantling

A look at the original intercooler. Not only is it tiny, but it sits at about a 45 degree angle so a lot of air must bounce off it as opposed to flow through. Cant be good.....

Compared to the new one....

Started with pipework. First pic shows engine standard, second pic is what it looks like now!....

Had to cut a hole in the body to route the pipe through. Not too neat atm but will get some rust prevention and rubber piping down there and it will look good....

And what it looks like mounted without bumper....

Everything back together and heres what it looks like now. Had to cut the bumper up quite a bit. The centrepiece had to be cut out and sections of the ducts under the indicators had to be cut out too. Numberplate redrilled to mount higher but being replaced with standard UK size plate soon....

I know its a puppy compared to some of your cars but I hope you like it guys.

Got a lot more planned now :)

·
12,294 Posts
Neat enough job apart from the hole, but as said the position of the intercooler could do with adjusting a bit so it lines up with the bumper better. Also, your actuator feed is in the wrong place, I have no idea why all the intercooler kits have it in the wrong pipe. Thanks to that you'll have boost spiking. It needs plumbing in as close to the turbo outlet as possible instead.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. The gap is to do with the clearance and bracket length.

I need to get to BnQ or somewhere to get a couple of small brackets so I can adjust the mounting position. Not a problem though.

Neat enough job apart from the hole, but as said the position of the intercooler could do with adjusting a bit so it lines up with the bumper better. Also, your actuator feed is in the wrong place, I have no idea why all the intercooler kits have it in the wrong pipe. Thanks to that you'll have boost spiking. It needs plumbing in as close to the turbo outlet as possible instead.
Thanks for the info there. I remember reading that in someone elses FMIC thread now. Where is the ideal location for the actuator feed then? Is it a case of fitting a barb into the black hard pipe or something?

Thanks again

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well in the FMIC kit from Driftworks there is no actuator feed in the pipe. i was confused, but learned through here that it has to be as close to the turbo anyway.

I used the old pipe that was used into the airintake before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to bump a really old thread, but what did you do with the horn mounting? Does the intercooler fit in front of it or did you relocate it elsewhere?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts