Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right after 2 months run into the first problem,going along nicely then needed to slow down changed to 2nd gear and then bump....engine stalls,i was thinking maybe it was me ok didnt take notice.....then the second time i needed to break hard and stalls again....WTF??!!! and yeah before u ask i do have a Blitz DV,and the standard recirc its still in the place so i presume it aint from that.

Is it me or something's not right?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i have the same problem mate i have cleaned the ICV changed the AFM and fitted a new lambda sensor and replaced the vacume hoses but nothing has cured it, i don't know if yours does it but mine sometimes when sitting in traffic it just sudenly dies without warning

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had same problem but mine turned out to be the main alternator cable where it connects to the fuse board. It had became loose and the cable was charred and burnt, auto spark said i was lucky not to have a fire! Trimmed cable back and put a couple of new washers in, grease etc and never had a cut out problem again!! That was in my old GTST.

·
Registered
610 Posts
maybe yer recirc has hit the dust. try swapping it out.

·
Registered
610 Posts
check the ground wire. i forgot to reconnect mine once and it would work fine (the ground wire was sitting on the ground point and not secured) until i hit a bump or crosed the door. it would then stuter or shut off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts