Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have this little problem with my GTS spec 2. Sometimes after its been running it is hard to start. Keep at it and it does fire eventually. As I said its only now and again? Not sure what would cause this so thought i would ask the perverts....Opps! sorry I mean experts:)

While I'm here. I have a J Spec stereo in the car double din tape CD and radio which I like for now. It only goes up to 90Mhz so I cant get any proper english radio stations on the damb thing. Any suggestions or will I have to ditch it and get another stereo?

Thanks peeps

Vini:smoker:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
To sort out the stereo, you need a 'Band Expander'. Available from any good car audio shop or possibly eBay.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
something else: the aircon only goes down to 18%C and is not cold. my 300zx goes down to 10? is this right?

·
manual convert
583 Posts
vinni hi
yes 18c is as cold as it gets. (thats all mine goes down to)
might need re-gassing ??
bruce.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vinni hi
yes 18c is as cold as it gets. (thats all mine goes down to)
might need re-gassing ??
bruce.
Thanks Bruce. I will have to have that checked out. All these little things are just me familiarising myself with the car. Sorry to keep on.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Mark. Thanks mate. What and where is this thing please bud? :)
Viniboy, Heat soak isn't a component mate, what he means is when you have been driving and have switched the engine off, the temp under the bonnet actually increases as there is no air flow moving round the front of the car. Therefore your engine, ancilleries and electrics are subjected to this heat until it naturally starts to cool. This heat can cause electrical sensors to breakdown, or even fuel to vapourise in the fuel lines ( Anyone who has owned a 5 turbo will vouch for this lol) Which will in turn cause starting/running problems. I would say that these sort of problems would start after a long journey, as the engine/under bonnet temps would be at their hottest.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Try turning the ignition on and off a couple of times before you start it to prime the fuel system when its hot and see if that makes any difference.

·
manual convert
583 Posts
on my old 2.3 audi 80, the electric fan would cut in after the engine was turned off. would this help ?? it,s not like we use the (aircon) fan very often in this country!!

bruce.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Yes some cars are designed to do this, but with the skyline having the good old viscose (sp) fan it obviously stops when the engine stops. I have always wondered why they chose to use this instead of a electric fan?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts