Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been directed towards this site by a few people bought my first liner its a r33 gtst running 350 bhp as its my first skyline and first turbod car im still learning ov been advised to get a oil catch can ? Should i do this and what will i gain if i do?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Hello and welcome and please dont call your car a LINER:nonono: its a skyline:funny:
as for the catch tank i wouldnt bother unless your running mega power, get some pics up aswell so we can ogle over it

daz

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Hi.. Welcome to the forum...

Oil catch can isn't necessary. You wont gain anything with them tbh...

The oil catch can fits in the breather line from pcv to intake. It catches the oil fumes, collects them, turns them into oil sludge in the can. It keeps the oil from a) fouling the maf sensor, b)sending oil into it to help keep it clean...

Whats your mod/spec list mate??

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
It catches the oil fumes, collects them, turns them into oil sludge n the can. It keeps the oil from a) fouling the maf sensor, b)sending oil into it to help keep it clean...

QUOTE]

as above mate but unless your running mega power like shane says its not worth it and would spend the money elsewhere:bigthumb:

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
sounds like you need to read the guides on stage two modifications onhere. do a search.... I'm guessing by that power you have an FMIC boost controller etc etc etc all the Stage 1 mods....

Get some pics up and a nice lil write up about it in the newby section mate and if you're going to be putting some nice money into the car then start a project thread mate.

Welcome to the club.

P.S. like above DO NOT refer to the car as a liner... it's a bit like calling your girlfreind your "wench" to her face.... it's just never gonna go down well.

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
standard boost and 350BHP? hmmmm are you sure has it been dyno'd? So how arte you achieving that power then form a GTSt, what is modded on it so far?

well you may well still need some stage one mods before u start with the stage 2 then.

If you can't find much here google search RB25 tuning and u will find some info on what needs to be done in what order so as not to screw up your setup and blow the engine.

Enjoy

·
bla
17,374 Posts

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
i have a oil catch tank sat in the garage , not running big power ...only 300bhp at hubs but still gonna fit my catch tank just as a bit of bling and im guessing it will still do some good even if its not filling with hot sludge/ vapour.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.