Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I'm looking to prepare for my first trackday so hoping this is the right place to post?

The last few months I have been in the process of getting the car ready to run on the track. Service, New Suspension, Tyres, Brakes etc..pictured below :)

I have never.......ever done a track day before but really want to get my R33 GT-R on a track to have a play as you can't really have much fun with a car like this on the road for the legal reasons.

Anyway im looking to Brans Hatch as its the closest track to me.

So with that being said please use this thread to let me know any information at all that I may need to know as I have no idea about anything trackday related. Any info at all will be welcome....

-Price
-Rules
-How to book
-Tips

ect ect....

Thanks for the help and info in advance!

Jamie

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
I just googled track days or the racecourse itself you can useually book direct

Sent from my GT-I9505

·
Registered
11 Posts
:)
Hi all, I'm looking to prepare for my first trackday so hoping this is the right place to post?

The last few months I have been in the process of getting the car ready to run on the track. Service, New Suspension, Tyres, Brakes etc..pictured below :)

I have never.......ever done a track day before but really want to get my R33 GT-R on a track to have a play as you can't really have much fun with a car like this on the road for the legal reasons.

Anyway im looking to Brans Hatch as its the closest track to me.

So with that being said please use this thread to let me know any information at all that I may need to know as I have no idea about anything trackday related. Any info at all will be welcome....

-Price
-Rules
-How to book
-Tips

ect ect....

Thanks for the help and info in advance!

Jamie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi me and my son have done trackdays at Brands and once at goodwood. its best to do an afternoon session, take your open face helmet or hire one for £10 make sure the car is in good order and full of fuel!!! you should also have a towing eye fitted. if you can afford an extra £25 it pays to have some tuition because you just dont know the limits of the car or your driving style. you have a briefing then some sighting laps then WOW. you should let the tyres down to about 22 or 25 psi so the rubber gets on to the track you should also get to know what the coloured lights mean but iyou follow F1 raceing you will know these. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
230 Posts
+1 for the brakes, cooked mine after 20 minutes so upgraded them as soon as I could looking forward to testing them at my next trackday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts