Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Hiya Sco-j - If the R33 is a GTS or GTS-t then they should fit on OK. If it's a GTR then the fronts will be too wide for you GTV.

The widest set I've seen was a BB GTV in edinburgh with 225 front and 275 rear. 235 really seems to be the widest the front can go without some modifications (coil overs or arch rolling).

Hope that helps.............................................IanH

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys, i think his car is a gts!!! but not 100% sure, but i have 235/40/17 on the front, and 255/40/17 on the back at the mo, the ones im getting are 225/40/18 front and 275/40/18 on the rear, im just more concerned now about them fitting straight on teh car????

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Do you have traction control on yours? I think from memory the GTV does not otherwise rolling radius may play a part....

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
being blonde what do u mean by rolling radius, i think i know what u mean, and no i dont have traction control

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks nick that was really handy!!!!! seems that there isnt to much difference, think i was more worried about the fitment???

many thanks

scottie

R

·
0 Posts
From Ian H's post

"The widest set I've seen was a BB GTV in edinburgh with 225 front and 275 rear. 235 really seems to be the widest the front can go without some modifications (coil overs or arch rolling)"

What is coil overs or arch rolling?

Thx
Andy

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know arch rolling is where about an inch is folded into the arch and bent round, coil overs i dont have a clue

·
Registered
568 Posts
Coilovers are springs coiled over shocks. upgraded suspension if you will.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts