Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done a how to on fitting the above?? i have done a search and cant really find anything on it. i know its not going to be hard but would just like a little idea before i start it tomorrow.

any help is much appreciated, oh and it for a r32 gts-t.

cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
top man, i did notice that thread but am a bit unsure of where the fuel pump fuse is. is it under the bonnet or inside cabin??

also they say when the new one is fitted, to prime the system before starting the car. what does this mean??

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I didnt bother with the fuse - it's just a bit of petrol! It's a bit fiddly to get in about it and if it's not been changed in a while then the hoses will be pretty stiff to get off. I took the top fuel line off further up near front of the plenum and pulled it out in a oner as i got fed up sctratching my knuckles trying fit my hand in a tiny gap. Think to prime the system you just turn on the ignition for a bit and let the pump work. I just started as usual and let it tickover for a few minutes with no problems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks, i was going to have a go today but decided to paint brake calipers instead.

will do it in the week.

·
Banned
3,478 Posts
Simon, i changed the fuel filter about 9 months ago - so you should be good!

I couldn't find that rear wiper arm, we've had a bit of clear out in the garage recently, and when i say we, i mean mostly my step dad who hates me having car bits in the garage, so i wouldn't be surprised if he just binned it, even though he says he didnt touch it. Sorry mate - get a bung in there anyway - would look a lot smoother :cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daemon said:
Simon, i changed the fuel filter about 9 months ago - so you should be good!

I couldn't find that rear wiper arm, we've had a bit of clear out in the garage recently, and when i say we, i mean mostly my step dad who hates me having car bits in the garage, so i wouldn't be surprised if he just binned it, even though he says he didnt touch it. Sorry mate - get a bung in there anyway - would look a lot smoother :cheers:
hi matt, i thought the filter looked pretty new but didnt want to keep annoying you with questions. i will hold onto the one i have then and change it after christmas when i do the oil probably.

no prob about the wiper arm i will keep looking for one, it will annoy me not having one and having the thread sticking out the back window..

thanks dude.

·
Banned
3,478 Posts
EvilR32 said:
hi matt, i thought the filter looked pretty new but didnt want to keep annoying you with questions. i will hold onto the one i have then and change it after christmas when i do the oil probably.

no prob about the wiper arm i will keep looking for one, it will annoy me not having one and having the thread sticking out the back window..

thanks dude.
Ask away mate - always here to help, i've got a vested interest in my old car - i may buy it back one day! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts