Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as a few of you might know im new to the Skyline!

But this weekend me and a friend are going to fit my front mount intercooler, Now can i just bolt the intake pipe straight to the pipe that the standard dumpvalve is??

And can i still run the stanard dv?

Also my car has a MINES ECU FITTED will the FMIC Run ok with this

Hope you guys can help me prior to fitment!

Tom

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please help guys! lol im new

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and whats this pipe i here bout a nipple

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes you can put the new intake pipe to the one that actually goes into your throttle body providing it fits into the rubber connecter that is already there, if not you will just have to replace this connecter so it fits both pipes, maybe a reducer pipe but it should be fine, (hope you understand this)! And yes your standard dump valve will still be fine!

As for the pipe with the nipple, this is the pipe that comes out of your turbo, it has a, i think a 6mm nipple on the side of it, this then goes off to your 2 stage boost controller or aftermarket boost controller if you have one, or to the actuator, (the bronzie coloured round thing on the side of your turbo!) depending on the setup the privious owner had! You will need to reconnect this pipe to your new pipe in order for your car to not over boost killing your turbo and possibly your engine! If it doesnt have a nipple on the new pipe you will need to tap or weld one on!

And finally, your ecu should really be remapped for this mod as it will be reading colder air meaning more air and trying to add more fuel meaning over fueling but see how it runs after you have fitted it as remapping aint cheap!

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so where do i get the mipple fitted mate?

And what pipe do i take off and put on this nipple im unsure! lol sorry mate

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was given a t-piece and hose would this have something to do with it and my car has a manual boost controller

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Yes you can put the new intake pipe to the one that actually goes into your throttle body providing it fits into the rubber connecter that is already there, if not you will just have to replace this connecter so it fits both pipes, maybe a reducer pipe but it should be fine, (hope you understand this)! And yes your standard dump valve will still be fine!

As for the pipe with the nipple, this is the pipe that comes out of your turbo, it has a, i think a 6mm nipple on the side of it, this then goes off to your 2 stage boost controller or aftermarket boost controller if you have one, or to the actuator, (the bronzie coloured round thing on the side of your turbo!) depending on the setup the privious owner had! You will need to reconnect this pipe to your new pipe in order for your car to not over boost killing your turbo and possibly your engine! If it doesnt have a nipple on the new pipe you will need to tap or weld one on!

And finally, your ecu should really be remapped for this mod as it will be reading colder air meaning more air and trying to add more fuel meaning over fueling but see how it runs after you have fitted it as remapping aint cheap!
AS ABOVE !!!

I have done the same as you also with a mines ECU (bought it and fitted it) Runs alot better no hesitation no overfuelling and a nice clean power curve :D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im just really unsure what pipe i take off or t-pice and put where any one got pics to help me

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and can i put the nipple on the intercooler pipe?

And what pipe do i t-piece

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Put the T into the pipe that goes into the top of the std dump valve and take a feed from there.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok great but where do i put the other end of the hose?

And where do i put the nipple

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
:rofl:the nipple is 1cm but must suck it till it is 1inch long:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you do what bruce m said you wont need the nipple and the other end of the hose goes to your manaul boost controller, then from your boost controller to your actuator!

If you go down the nipple route you put it on the new intercooler pipe in the same sort of place as where it is on the old one, but i think you might be better off doing what bruce m said mate!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Try an put some pics up of your engine bay mate, so we can look at what your looking at!

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great will it be labeled on the boost controller which hose goes where?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Depends on what controller you have, is this boost controller already fitted, if so just pull the old one off that goes to the old boost pipe an replace with your new one from the t peice at the dv! If not i wouldnt even bother fitting it, there dodgy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts