Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I broke down and after not being able to get the car started I had to call the AA out. After a few checks he came to the conclusion that the fuel pump was no longer working.

Today I thought I would take the pump out ready for my replacement coming on Tues (Thanks Nismods). After getting it out I hooked it up to the battery to double check and it works fine!

Once I got it all back together and plugged the power connectors back in on the fuel tank lid I found that the clip that holds the power lead has broken off at some point and it can work loose. So after getting it all back together again I turned the ignition on and I can now hear the pump prime, so I went to start it and it didn't start still :(

After checking the lines to the engine to make sure of no blockages I disconnected the AFM and tried again, it then fired up. As soon as I plugged the AFM back in the engine would just cut out. After taking the top off the AFM and testing the x3 pins the middle pin had broken loose, a little solder later and trying again the engine would start up with the AFM plugged in and run normally.

What are the chances of both the AFM breaking and the fuel pump disconnecting at the same time?!?

The good thing that has come out of it is I now have a Walbro pump on its way as an upgrade :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I secretley think traders come and tinker with the cars at night so we buy all their shiny bits lol....

Yeah really pleased I managed to fix i though :drivin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts