Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left my lights on - what a dope.

Can you jump an R33 from the front? I know the battery is in the back, but there is something on the left side of the engine bay as you look from the front with a cover on it with the plus and minus signs.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Yep by the fuse/relay box there is a jump point. Should say on the fuse box where to put the leads. I would do it from the battery though, ive always found it to work better.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Yes you can mate. If you remove that plastic lid it reveals a positive terminal with two bolts, place the positive lead on the raised bolt and connect the negative lead to the negative terminal which is affixed to the car body just above the plastic cover. Jump away!

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No leads as it turns out - stuck working, and so RAC on their way.... how hard can it be?
Thanks for the fast responses as always though.
Teach me for being a plank - I was just double checking the headlight and main beam are two different bulbs and then forgot to turn them off.
How stupid can you get?
:loser: :nutkick:

·
Standard,plain and simple
1,649 Posts
General Banter said:
Yes you can mate. If you remove that plastic lid it reveals a positive terminal with two bolts, place the positive lead on the raised bolt and connect the negative lead to the negative terminal which is affixed to the car body just above the plastic cover. Jump away!
can you charge the battery from there ?

·
Standard,plain and simple
1,649 Posts
im just thinking of the future , im putting a stereo boot install in and wouldn't want to take it all out just to charge a battery if i needed to

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
babyR33 said:
im just thinking of the future , im putting a stereo boot install in and wouldn't want to take it all out just to charge a battery if i needed to
This is the reason I have to go for the bonnet, Dave is right though direct is best.

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
Tesco trucker said:
Don't you have a lights on buzzer?
Trouble is, when the turbo timer in mine is running it beeps loudly. I've left my lights on a couple of times, but fortunately I've noticed and switched them off before leaving the car.

My Dad, however, was not so lucky yesterday - and had to get a jump! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts