Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So weds down the gym as per the norm...

after warm up start routine deadlifting, warm up on 60kg... now normally move on to 80kg and work my way up to about 160kg...

but instead of doing 80kgin my next set few people down there were bantering me straight onto 100kg...

9 reps in all ok, 10th rep..... as puttin the weight back down, POP and TEAR!!

yes the pop was my disc and the tear was the main muscle that goes from the middle of your lower back to the back of your thighs (one of the bodys main supporting muscles!!)

but me being me though i can stretch this out so i did, then proceded to put a weight belt on very tight ansd continue training FAIL!!

after training attempt to drive home then realised i cant even reach the indicator without screaming in pain, dad has to come meet me and drive me home, make it back to mine and couldnt do a thing without help of 2 friends,

go hospital because i couldnt do a thing without screaming in agony, in 3 hours they dose me up on the daily allowance of morphine and diazapan... still didnt take away the pain...

so since then ive done nothing but lay on my bed or sit on the sofa, been that bored ive counted that ive only stood up and walked 20times since weds night!!!!

im on 5740mg of painkillers a day and they dont take away the pain!!!!

to make it even better soem the tablets im on have to make me constipated because the nerves down below have to stay tight because if they loosen up and the disc pops back in and trap them i could be paralysed!!!

so all in all im bored as ****, in lots of pain, got stomach cramps and cant do a thing for myself without help!!!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gf coming back from uni next week to look after me so im sure i can hold out till then lol!!!

but i meant more like making meals, gettin drinks, standing up, sitting down. lol!!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still not slept yet. cant get comfy whatever position i sit/lay in, and when i finally do my back stiffens up and feels like its on fire!!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol i no sorry mate that was the painkillers!! they send me funny by the end of the day!!

i havent let ya down mate!! ill still be your hero ;) (but just not for a few weeks lol)

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol difference is keith you've been training for probably what an average of what 15-20years?????

ive been training 3 years lol!!!

and it doesnt help that ive already broke my lower coccyx when i was 16, damaged muscles and nerves in my spine and fractured my neck!! least to say i have to take it easy on deadlifting!!! now the dr and physio have said i should never deadlift again or else i could be chair bound!!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
been training 2 years:booty:
im only kidding mate, ive injured just about every tendon/ligament torn several muscles in my body, so i know how bad it gets, you just need to rest fully and i mean probably 6 months, the problem lies when once you injure yourself that particular muscle will be vulnerable for a long time, even when yr head tells you that its repaired it usually isn't so therefore the chance of a re injury is pretty high mate, just take it easy.
if need be pm me and ill send you a routine that will murder you but wont antagonise yr injury, but it wont be for a while.....:booty:

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yer send it mate, ive got a good routine what my gym owner trever chung gave me but i try alsorts to find whats best for me! least now i no that deadlifting wont be in my routine any more! will be doing alot of lightweight squats when im back to least 75% strength!

its hard now coz im trying to walk without support but when i manage at least 10 steps im back down still for a few hours!!!

pain in the ****ing arse mate!!!!

·
Terry
2,009 Posts
Flex, been there seen it done got the tee shirt, I have every sympathy for you bud as big cheif says it will be a while before you can do certain things so you must learn to be patient with yourself and your recovery time. I guess deadlifting will be off the agenda for at least a year..bad luck..

·
****** FOR A YEAR
1,073 Posts
Er.........i recommend lots of relaxing.

......and doctors say that getting some loving with the other half is good for your recovery system...

......but getting some loving with a stranger is doubley as good.

There is my recommendation. Shagging.

·
****** FOR A YEAR
1,073 Posts
oh right........

lol

......strategy:

get a several hundred women on a very very long, slow moving horizontal escalator..........stand near the end of it with "john thomas" out and ready for action..........and as the women pass they should have two mins each to try and "stir man porridge", before their go is past.......lol

P.L.A.N!!!!!!!

Destination........"Get some at terminal 5 at Heathrow"......lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts