Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Choo Choo
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some please tell me if i can spray my inter cooler black? Not shine black just matt?

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
I cant see why not mate although black soaks up heat.....

As long as you dont seal up between the fins and keep the coats light i cant see a problem i sprayed mine silver again to freshen it up. Someone will correct me if im wrong though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
dont do it i painted my bros fmic on a 200sx s14, the end result was a waste of a cooler (core was blocked as the bascoat cloged up the fins) even with thin coats literally less then a milimeter was sprayed on evenly, youll end up regreting it, however if you do wish to paint something paint your pipes heres my old s13, painting the pipes made a huge difference in the sex appeal section :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
if you leave it you'll be making the right choice unless you wish to fork out for another cooler core as the painted one will be useless, im just telling you from what ive experianced :) lol heres a pic of the cooler i painted formy bro with his superb idea lol

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi,sprayed mine with mat black hot paint over a year ago and have had a re-map since and made more power,guess it is down to how much paint you apply.Cheers.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
dont be silly you lot,i know pleanty of people who have sprayed their coolers blacvk with no issues or loss of cooling,me for one,how many of you have monitered temps or det beforte and after

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
just going on any radiator,in the house try a painted rad to a metal one on the same system,and recon car rads only spray the header tanks and not the fins/core ,alli and copper conduct heat well paint doesn't

1 - 14 of 14 Posts