Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right lads

having the usual stupid fault with the fmic's on the gts-t's
3.5k upwards sounds like its off a pot took the plugs out they are fine and coils look fine also(look fine miten be tho) this only happened after i fitted the intercooler ive read loads of other people having the same problem mine is very bad its like coils and mite be but what i dont understand is y after 2 days did they just go all of a sudden with no warning find that very strange so i need advice and not "i think" i want facts !!!!!!

1) afm if its faulty what way can i check it and also what does it cause

2) coils how can you check theses and what are the signs they are away

3)ecu needed remapped (ive dastek unichip here ) ive read that when u fit the fmic it causes the car to over fuel :uhoh: can someone explaine what it over fuels all the intercooler is doing is cooling the air from the turbo thats it , how does the car measure this ??

4) the car from 3.5k up wards is ballicks and drives like **** all squared and i need it fixed or im gonna set it on fire :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: .

cheers
rab

·
Registered
577 Posts
Haven't had any problems like that after fitting mine, feels more torquey, but does sort of stumble a bit if you floor it, which is probably to be expected as it hasn't been mapped since I fitted it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so yours went no problem at all , did u reset ur ecu? and your car after fitting this didnt overfuel like mad?

·
Registered
577 Posts
No, haven't reset the ECU. I did fit a Nismo fuel pump as well, so I'm wondering if the extra fuel and the extra boost from the FMIC may have sort of balanced eachother out somehow, making it not too bad.
I'm not giving it loads at the moment anyway until it's mapped and de-restricted later this month, no point.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna stick the fuel pump i have in it , its a pure nitemare cos its drives fine until 3.5k the like nothing still pulls but sounds like a very sick subaru

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hmm...I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound FMIC related. Mine runs fine if you drive it around in a spirited fashion, just on low boost, it's just when you floor it at higher revs it feels a bit hesitant.

Just wondering, are you sure you don't have any air leaks on the FMIC hoses. Mine popped a hose off when I took it for a test run after fitting it, and it sort of kangarooed down the road until I could get it home and put it back on, might be something to do with that.

·
4,143 Posts
i would look at your afm!
if not then you have a remapped ecu can this still adjust fuel and ignition?as i it needs a remap if it can and i would get one done anyway

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
Have been having similar problems with my 200sx, under full load it was popping off the intercooler pipes (black smoke out the back), I used a pair of plyers to pry up the end of the pipes for more grip and that sorted that problem, but last night it popped off the BOV altogether. One of the intercooler pipes was leaking and she ran rough....under load.....have you checked to see if there are any leaks ???
Cheers
Grant

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
1) afm if its faulty what way can i check it and also what does it cause You can check the vaultage, not sure what it should be though, i borrowed a local friends one to try.

2) coils how can you check theses and what are the signs they are awayAgain i borrowed a friends, dont know if these can be checked

3)ecu needed remapped (ive dastek unichip here ) ive read that when u fit the fmic it causes the car to over fuel can someone explaine what it over fuels all the intercooler is doing is cooling the air from the turbo thats it , how does the car measure this ??If anything the car should run leaner as the air so much cooler it burns the fuel so much better. normall during a remap they would advanced the timing and add more fuel because of the cooler air

As has been said i would definately be checking the AFM, while fitting the front mount the AFM could of been knocked, there very fragile.

But as has been said, one of the biggest faults is peoplehave air leaks and dont realise it.:whip:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right so if i were to get a q45 (any type) would that be ok or just get the green label afm (which seems hard to get a hold of) and just use that ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts