Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gonna get a boost controller soon just lookin for a nice 1 i can afford. Would 1 bar not kill my head gasket (gtst) i think .85 is the limit?

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
After fitting the Japspeed D1 FMIC i had an extra 10bhp and i think it was 10ftlb off top of my head. Although i've been told although it was done on same rolling road it might not be entirely accurate to go by that, don't know why. Was the only thing i had changed though.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
the fact that the turbo needs to compress more air before the compresion wave hits the inlet manifold creates a bit more turbo lag.

·
Registered
923 Posts
all the intercooler does is make the air going into the engine colder and more dense so it shouldnt effect the spool up time

Not quite true. If you add a FMIC instead of a SMIC on a standard tubby you will be increasing the volume of air between in the induction phase of the turbo (i.e more volume of air for the turbo to pressurize before passing to combustion chamber). The delay in pressurizing this extra air volume is commonly refered to as turbo lag.

You can compensate with a boost controller or get a bigger tubby that can pressurize the air volume in a quicker time.....

A R34 GTT SMIC is the same air volume but thicker core (=colder air). I'm toying with going down this route as an interrim phase even though I've got a FMIC in the garage ready to go (going to add the FMIC & larger tubby at the same time ;)

Just food for thought...

Adrian/DS

·
Paul0547
121 Posts
I put a japspeed fmic on mine and had a load of flat spots on power where the airflow was derestricted. So just a warning if you do put one on you have to get a re-map done as well so £££ lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.