Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,

Can someone post a guide of how to do the conversion to have the 2 inner lights on the R33 as the fog lights and break lights?

I know it use's a diode... but a how to would be good..

I have done a few search's and all i can find is Nemo telling people to search for FOG and DOIDE.... but no info on how to do it... (apart from that it needs a 3amp diode... and not to get it the wrong way round.... not too usefull see!)

Cheers
Dazzler

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i found a good simple guide, but it is over on www.gtr.co.uk

If i'm allowed I will post a link but im guessing permission is required first.... will see what i can get..

Or write my own when i do it!

just need the diodes to come into stock at maplin now.....

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I order a pair of diodes from Maplins the other week. Just waiting on the new switch I ordered to arrive. If it comes soon, and I manage to get things wired properly (And not manage to turn my indicators into foglights...) I'll post here with what I did.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You need a red or amber illuminated switch connected to +12V in your dash (the indicator bulb will also need a ground of course). Run the switched wire from there to your offside inner brake light. Cut the brake-light wire going to that light socket (not the running lights wire), and connect your fog power wire to the socket through a diode. Reconnect the brake wire using a second diode. The end.

The diode in the brake wire is to stop the fog light switch turning on all your brake lights. The diode in the fog wire is to stop your brake pedal switching on the fog light indicator. Both diiodes go the same way round, and if you get them the wrong way round the bulb won't go on for brake or fog. Use 3A diodes or better - eg 1N5400.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts