Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, finally got the R33 back on the road after months rebuilding her, only to find out the MOT's out...bugger.

I go and book it in for one today at 4.30pm, no probs. But then it dawns on me...its got no bloody rear fog light!

I need a fog light by the end of the day... :(

Can't get a red fog light bulb anywhere, i'm too far away from halfrauds to get some spray paint and the girlfriends got all her nail varnish with her...damn it!

Luckily, i was a kid in the '80s and was brought up on quality TV programs such as Macguiver and The A-Team, where literally anything could be built using the contents of your pockets and maybe a blow torch, to get you out of the tightest of situations.

So in true Macguiver style, i've bodged a red fog light using a standard fog light, a cable tie and two red wrappers from strawberry cream Quality Street left over from Christmas... Cut out the reverse light, put it in some terminal block and taken a live feed from a switch that may well have been a fog light switch in its time but actually did nothing... Connect it to terminal block...jobs a good'un! :bananasmile:

So long as the MOT test for fog lights is less time than it takes for a fog light to heat up and melt a Quality Street wrapper, i'll be safe!

Who said TV's bad for kids...?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Thats brill ..... i need to fit a fog light next :( gonna use one of the reverse light gap, but maybe not the sweet wrapper lol

good luck at MOT ;)

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
I did something similar but a bit more permanent.

I intercepted the powersupply to rear lights and replaced a reverse light bulb with a red mulit LED "bulb". I then used a switch bought of the net (illuminated) and installed it on the dash. The whole job took about 2 hours. Longest bit was getting the seats out to ensure a good clean wiring run.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh it won't be staying a Quality Street wrapper for ever lol, as soon as i've found a decent replacement i'll swap 'em over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts