Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
hmmm.... xspower....... Id be interested to see how this does....
It cost them about a fiver to make them... My mate put one on his 200 and yup... it broke......... It be very wary...
That stuff would be going no where near my car....

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
^^^ Odd shane there's 5 guys round here running Xs power manifolds on 200sx's and there fine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
someone i supply has 537bhp on one (not skyline) and had no issues
know 1 that has heat/stress cracks but ill weld the coont up for what it cost
! may fabricate a hanger also as the t4 wont be light and with the planned spec of it and its setup it may need some assistance staying on the manifold

Too many people cant think outside the box/listen to much to other ppl :smoker:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and i got 3 fitting kits so if it has to come off then no probs, new studs nuts,washers,gaskets

couldnt say no for 60 deliverd

·
bla
17,374 Posts
^^^ Odd shane there's 5 guys round here running Xs power manifolds on 200sx's and there fine.
.... All i know is that his manofild cracked and his blades got sucked through the tub... I mean look at it... would you put it on yours..... i woulnt....

Hope all goes well with it though... :) :smoker:

·
Registered
142 Posts
i sent two back so i have first hand experience, both twisted or warped, would not seal. in my opinion there are very poorly manufactured. other people may have had a good experience but i definatley did not.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
oh and i got 3 fitting kits so if it has to come off then no probs, new studs nuts,washers,gaskets

couldnt say no for 60 deliverd
How much?!??!?!?!? very cheap........ wouldnt change my mind on it.. You know the saying... You pay for what you get :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what we looking at????? all weld are very very good, built up at weight and stress points etc, walls seem good thickness. only issue is material strength. l

how would a cracked manifold make the compressor wheel vanes (blades??) get sucked through turbo

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually i would like base plate to be thicker but again will be down to material strength, will suck it and see, as said for the cost im willing to mod etc as needed

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bruce what i meant in my post above, many tubular style manifolds where all ports dont run nxt to each other and cant be strengthened as such are advised to do so.

learn from mistakes, and improve, just disregardiing doesnt move things forward

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
what we looking at????? all weld are very very good, built up at weight and stress points etc, walls seem good thickness. only issue is material strength. l

how would a cracked manifold make the compressor wheel vanes (blades??) get sucked through turbo
I never said the crack caused the tub to go..... I dont know how it went but it did.... He put it down to the build and quality... He was running correct boost and fueling etc.... Just keep an eye for oil leaks and shaft play...

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
gonna start it this weekend............

im actually excited for the 1st time in owning the thing!! (12mths)
:dogpile:
1. Have you actually driven it to the extreme ?

2. Things that are cheap and look good never last.

3. Cars are like Wags the more you spend and the better quality you pamper them with, the more desirable they become. IF you try and make them special on discount parts, they revolt and your left with nothing more than a jade goody, Even with the bodykit fitted she was cheap and eventually it failed.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
A manifold cant effect the turbo in this way, i've driven mine at 1.4bar loads of times with a crack manifold and not just on the skyline.

Bad build quality on the turbo is a more likely problem and it was just bad luck the manifold was cracked at the same time.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
1. Have you actually driven it to the extreme ?He's yet to fit it yet.

2. Things that are cheap and look good never last.My best ever turbo i've ever had on all my cars was the cheapest turbo technics one

3. Cars are like Wags the more you spend and the better quality you pamper them with, the more desirable they become. IF you try and make them special on discount parts, they revolt and your left with nothing more than a jade goody, Even with the bodykit fitted she was cheap and eventually it failed.
Gonna agree with this one because i love the explanation

1 - 20 of 50 Posts