Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm currently building a RB25 for a power figure of around the 450-500hp mark and was looking into the forge piston and rod selection.
I was just wondering what the general consensus was for which brand to go for as there are a good few out there (cosworth, CP, wisco, Manley, BC, Eagle to name a few).

Many thanks
Ben

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see the CP/ Manley combination but they were in the US, did you buy yours from the UK Sparkso?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh brilliant, i just had a quick look at their store and its really quite good with RB parts, im heading over there for a wedding next year so i might have to leave my clothes there and bring back a set of pistons/ rods etc.
its never nice having your pants pulled down by import tax.
what thickness HG did you go for in the end out of interest if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
They're not too badly priced for stuff either and if you're getting a couple of bits and pieces they offer some good discounts if you speak to them!!

Went with a 2mm headgasket, probably would have been fine with a 1.5mm but I'm running just over 2bar of boost and had the head skimmed and blocked decked too and the slight drop in compression that the thick headgasket gives allows for a bit of a safety margin

With your build id be looking at a 1.2mm or 1.5mm max for that bhp you don't need any bigger unless the head has been skimmed many times

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh really, id never turn down a good discount. thank you for letting me know that matey :)
Ill be most definitely be wanting to skim the head and deck the block but in all honesty i haven't opened up the RB yet and i brought it with low compression on one of the cylinders so i could find anything scary yet. (hopefully not).

once i do strip the RB down ill start the process of measuring everything and getting a good idea on specs of components.

the next big mission is to find a suitable gearbox but that's a problem for another day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts