Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
this is me take it or do one....that simple
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as above got a good call from mgt today telling me what the reason why the hybrid on my r33 gave up.,,,,it was lack of oil circulation, plus the shaft inside had metal fatigue, the braided oil pipe i got with it wasnt drill out and wasnt giving enought poil to the turbo to lubricate it and cool it, but it was also damaged from when it was made into a hybrid so 7 thousand miles on it and it gave up. so now i had 2 options to do they said that i can either get a turbo from conceptua that will get me to 400bhp at the wheels but i need to wait abit for the elbow to be fabricated, OR they gunna send mine away to be re-conned as i dont need the whole thing to be done just the internals. so now it will be cheaper for me now so im happy abit and hopefully this week i will get my r33 back all tuned n mapped up how i want it in the first place....

so happy days to come i hope............

·
Administrator
25,947 Posts
the oil pipe will only flow what the banjo bolts allow through and those are what need drilled out or as you have found out cause a failed turbo mate.

for ease and quickness of fitment i would say recon the one you have

·
this is me take it or do one....that simple
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the oil pipe will only flow what the banjo bolts allow through and those are what need drilled out or as you have found out cause a failed turbo mate.

for ease and quickness of fitment i would say recon the one you have
yes mate i wont have this mroblem againa as ngt are gunna do it 4 me, oh and yep im guna re con it bud....as its less time i have to wait to get my car back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts