Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any decent replacment front disks for a R33 GTR thats are a decent price !! Need some as I can`t afford a full brake kit at the mo :(

I remember that EBC were going to make some but have not heard any more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Richard,

I also want a complete big disc kit at some point but it's just too much money which I haven't got at the moment.

I've just ordered some direct from SEJOC which is where EBC usually come from. Just straight replacements only £99+vat each and £10 extra if you want grooved.

Even if they aren't much good for track use they should be ok for normal driving (i hope), but at that price even if they only last a year it will be ok.

I spoke to Kevin (sales dept) at SEJOC on 01375 846401.

Cheers,
Mike

ps Are we still on for the front / rear brake replacement pic session ?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good to me Mike. May have to order some up as mine had started to crack !!!! :eek: Do they do rears as well ?

Yes we are still on for the brake fitting session. Will have to be a weekend though if thats ok?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Richard/Mike

Hi Guys,

Glad to see that EBC finally do replacements for the GTR after your enquiries at Donny last year Mike!!
As for rear brake discs i have a good mate of mine looking into getting me a replacement rear set for my R32 at a GOOD price and will ask about R33 rears as well!;)
BTW even the big brake kits do crack! as i am after some replacement rotors for my front AP 6 pots!!:mad:

Will keep you posted as i should have details in the next day or so!!

cheers

Stu

·
Registered
104 Posts
Update on the brakes!

As promised i have got some prices on disks which are both for the R33..

Front Disks £120 + VAT
Rears Disks £133.28 + VAT

There is an extra £10 charge for grooved equivalents!

I currently have another person looking into this as well and if i can get these cheaper i will let you know!

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
104 Posts
Another Point!

This is in reference to our day out at Rockingham!!

Simple statement!! but has anyone considered changing their brake fluid to say the CASTROL SRF racing stuff, as last time i was at Rockingham in August 2002, i cooked the brake fluid and ended up doing 3/4 lap Colin McCrae Styleeeeeee!!!:eek: :eek:

The racing fluid is about £30 a litre BTW!

Just a thought anyway..

Thanks

Stu

·
Registered
85 Posts
I Always upgrade to SRF, I had problems with 5.1 in the Sunny with the Tarox 10 Pot system, but Once I upgraded to SRF there was less of a problem, I would recomend SRF to any one who is upgrading there brakes especialy if they are going to Steel Hoses as it is best to change the fluid anyway.
Brake fluid only has a limited life span before it degrades with water contamanation and lowers the boiling point.

Use SRF .

Nigel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts