Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a recent tracknight i realised my front offside caliper is sticking slightly just wondering if anyone knows if these can be reconditioned by myself or better off buying a new caliper?

Oh and anyone know how much brake fluid i would need to purchase to replace the rubbish fluid i have now?
thanks in advance

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
hay buddy yes you can recondition them urself but it does involve stripping the caliper to bits and resealing them it depends on how badly seized they are.
and i used just under a litre of dot 5.1 when i bled my brakes and clutch b4 i went to nurburgring and i never had brake fade once either over there or at knockhill the other day.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Removing the calipers is a doddle, simply clamp the flexi pipes to stop fluid escape and undo two bolts per side. Abbey Motorsport who advertise on here (and I'm sure RSP and others) do a service kit containing all the seals etc you need for caliper overhaul, it's around £50 and the job is really quite simple. Obviously be careful not to scratch the piston bores but they will probably require some surface cleaning, maybe even a little rubbibg compound, always be sure to clean thoroughly with brake cleaner (Halfords) when finished, and I always swill with brake fluid after that. Fit the new seals and replace pistons, like I said, simple really, and if you search there may be a how to in the technical section..

Aitch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts