Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to Spain and brought my GTS-T with me. The parking allocated to my apartment is underground and the access ramp is ripping my splitter apart as the splitter hits the ground first and scrapes for about a foot.

Can anybody recommend a decent looking front end that isn't as low or does anyone know if a good body shop could alter this one without making i look stupid?

Speaking of body shops, does anyone know of any in the Taragona region of Spain?

TIA

Andy

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Have a look in the general section under (bodykit and normal use) .I have just posted some pic`s of my spec 1 bumper with a abs gtr splitter on it.

Because it is made of abs rather than fibreglass it will take a bit of a beating without getting damaged.

Works for me.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Hi mate, The bumper is the original spec 1 bumper that came with the car, I bought a full jun body kit inc the jun front bumper, but found it was to low to the ground . As there are so many speed bumps around the area i live i ended selling the jun bumper but still had to find someway of making the front bumper line match the side skirts. If i were you i would have a word with some of the traders on here or put a post in the parts wanted section for a gtst spec i bumper and a gtr front splitter ( if this is the way you would like to go ) , If you have no joy i maybe able to help you find them.

If you need any info on how to go about fitting the two together i would be happy to help as much as posible.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I've found a GTS-T bumper for a reasonable price. I'll keep my eyes open for a GTR splitter now.

Is it a diy job to marry the two together or better left to a body shop? Just wondering as the bumper is going to have to be resprayed anyway and I'd rather get that done professionaly.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I did my one myself with the idea of having my body shop spray it to match the rest of the car if it work out ok which it has.

If you are going to have the bumper sprayed anyway it would make good sense to leave it all to the body shop to be honest.

The gtr splitter has to be fitted up side down or it hangs to low plus it is to wide the right way up .

Once faired in and sprayed it should look good without taking a beating every five minutes.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Hey Kashmir,

When you bought your spec 1 front bumper, did it come with the indicators?

If it did and you still have a spare set, do ya fancy selling em to me please???

Cheers matey.

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
The bumper we have that is the least low level will probably be the GTR style front for the GTSt fitment.

We can supply this painted, but will have to wrap it extra careful if you want it delivered to Spain ;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Kashmir,

When you bought your spec 1 front bumper, did it come with the indicators?

If it did and you still have a spare set, do ya fancy selling em to me please???

Cheers matey.
Not received the bumper yet. Probably going to be the end of Sept beginning of Oct now.

If you still want some then. Please PM me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bumper we have that is the least low level will probably be the GTR style front for the GTSt fitment.

We can supply this painted, but will have to wrap it extra careful if you want it delivered to Spain ;)
Thanks for the offer but I've promised to buy a fellow SO members series 1.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Not received the bumper yet. Probably going to be the end of Sept beginning of Oct now.

If you still want some then. Please PM me.
Will do Kashmir,

Thanx very much matey. :cheers:

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
my god that is ugly it looks to me as a spec1 bumper with the lights moulded out and all filled in cant see that one taking off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts