Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering how much on average it costs to run skylines including the maintence and fuel costs. just need to get a rough idea any help would be much appreciated

:)

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
so many threads on this, did you search?

anyway, fuel, 180-220 miles to a tank with spirited driving, up to 300 on the motorway, 50 litres to fill up from fuel light being on.

oil, use expensive stuff

cambelt etc you can get from nissan

plugs you can get from sparkplugs.co.uk

fuel is the killer, rather than servicing. oh and insurance.

·
Registered
291 Posts
To be honest I'm not noticing much difference between the Skyline and my Corrado in terms of fuel and parts (well servicing parts anyway - oil, filters, brake pads, plugs etc). Nissan and VW aren't too different in price for genuine parts (Ok, Corrados are pretty scarce so prices are higher than for your average VW). Yes, they are both thirsty cars and the heavier you are with the right foot the more its gonna cost, but how do you put a price on happiness!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi5 said:
so many threads on this, did you search?

i had a look through some ov the pages but i didnt know there was a serch option :sorry:

im new to all this but thanks for your help

T

·
0 Posts
Dan_F,

No offensense but your 16! You won't be able to get insured on a Skyline for at least another 5 years, so why worry about fuel cost??? :screwy:

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
It's expensive. Well mine has been so far. £5000 to buy the car, £1580 insurance, around £2,500 on mods, probably £500 -£600 on fuel in 8 months (also bear in mind I'm only onshore for maybe one or two weks of every month), about £400 road tax, plus an MOT and insurance renewal in January. By the time January rolls around, I'll probably have put the guts of £9,000 into this car. Now that is a scary thought!

T

·
0 Posts
needforspeed said:
I'll probably have put the guts of £9,000 into this car. Now that is a scary thought!
Put a 1 on the front of that and your where I'm at.

Still, cheap to run at the moment......:shakehead:

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
:eek: I just noticed you're 16! You've no chance mate! These are Group 20 cars. Best holding off on the dream for at least a few years.

Get yourself a cheap runaround, build up some no claims, and save your cash. By the time you're old enough for insurance companies not to laugh, you'll have a tidy sum put away. :)

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
Trev said:
Put a 1 on the front of that and your where I'm at.

Still, cheap to run at the moment......:shakehead:
Trouble is, that's just this year and I've more planned for next year already.

Still, whoever said money can't buy happiness obviously never owned a Skyline :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
needforspeed said:
:eek: I just noticed you're 16! You've no chance mate! These are Group 20 cars. Best holding off on the dream for at least a few years.

Get yourself a cheap runaround, build up some no claims, and save your cash. By the time you're old enough for insurance companies not to laugh, you'll have a tidy sum put away. :)
yer thats been my plan all along. im just here to get as much info as i can about the cars and the do's and donts, also to see all your spectacular cars.

ta for your help :)

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
I've got no idea of the financial situation of this guy, but if you got the money mate, go for it! Every insurance comapny has their price.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Deggsy said:
To be honest I'm not noticing much difference between the Skyline and my Corrado in terms of fuel and parts (well servicing parts anyway - oil, filters, brake pads, plugs etc). Nissan and VW aren't too different in price for genuine parts (Ok, Corrados are pretty scarce so prices are higher than for your average VW). Yes, they are both thirsty cars and the heavier you are with the right foot the more its gonna cost, but how do you put a price on happiness!
you had a corrado before the skyline? me too! i had a white G60 which was the fastest G60 corrado in the country as far as i know :) at least ive never seen/heard of one quicker. what did you have dude?

·
Registered
330 Posts
well, im 22, my insurance was £2500, absolute lowest i could get, and i seem to be able to get around 250 miles to a tank, easy driving, car is my daily driver, so im spending between £80-£100 a month on fuel.

with "spirited" driving, you can almost watch the fuel gauge drop....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Carbon Cromwell said:
you had a corrado before the skyline? me too! i had a white G60 which was the fastest G60 corrado in the country as far as i know :) at least ive never seen/heard of one quicker. what did you have dude?
Alright Mate,

You obviously have good taste in cars as well :cheers:

I've still got my Corrado - which is just as well because the Skyline is in the garage just now getting the snapped manifold studs removed and replaced!

It started life as a 1.8 16V, but after building up some no claims I went done the VR6 engine conversion route - you just can't beat the sound of that VR6! Engine was left pretty standard except for the exhaust, air intake, ported & polished throttle body and a lightened flywheel. Was going to go down the Supercharged route when I decided to get myself the Skyline.

I take it it was a pretty long spec sheet you had for the G60?

·
Registered
457 Posts
haha yeah the spec sheet was endless mate. Ported polished head, stage 4 supercharger, cam, exhaust system etc etc etc basically everything that could be done to the block was done. it was lightened quite a lot too, and pushed 268bhp by the time i was done with it.

:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts