Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a few drums of high otctane fuel for the ring and just in case we dont see any vpower race fuel on the way to the ring :)

you can just get the lower octane to put in neat, or a higher one to mix with the pump fuel.

not sure if anyone needed any, if so I could see if we could get a bit of discount :)

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/racing-Racing-fuels-Unleaded

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Bud why don't you just do what i'm going to do and take some 99.99% pure virgin methanol, you can pour it straight into your tank @ a 10% mix for a very good octane boost.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Lisa,

You don't need it, mate. There's 98 everywhere. I've NEVER had trouble finding 98 in the last 5 or 6 years of Europe trips.

At the Ring itself, the DH garage has 98 and if you pop into Adenau, the Aral station has 100.

For all the hassle of getting on ET or ferry with fuel, it ain't worth it. Don't forget, Customs sweep cars for accelerants these days while you're in the queue.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember the holy grail of that blinkin station with 100 ron.....took ages to find it lol :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
No worries Lisa, you will have no probs at all finding the fuel you need, trust me. I have talked to Richard about this too and he knows everything... ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
had no troubles my self on a recent visit , just remember that super is 95 , super plus is 98 & as moleman said the garage at adenau has 100 ron at 1.45 euros

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Super = 95 RON (available everywhere)
Super Plus = 98 RON (available where no 100 RON fuel is offered)
Ultimate 100 = 100 RON (available at Aral only, i.e. in Adenau at Ring)
V-Power Racing = 100 RON (available at Shell only, don´t know one near Ring)

NOTE: Be carefull not to grab the normal V-Power as this is a special 95 RON fuel Shell offers - it MUST be V-Power Racing!!!

Any more questions, fire them up. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a shell v power racing near the place where we are staying...the holy grail of all petrol stations lol :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
So where are you staying then Lisa? In the guesthouse or hotel? And where is the Shell exactly?

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are a couple of garages we found last year that run 100ron fuel by the ring, there is the one in Ardenau near the bridge for the track, and up the top on the main road alongside the track past where you turn under the track it is on the other side of the road before the car dealerships.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
staying at the guesthouse :) I cant tell you where it is but I can probably find my way there again lol...its near a set of tunnels on the way in to the guesthouse....by a place that has a little park and toboggan ride (dont ask IansR33 bout the grazes lol) :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Alright I´ll see you at the guesthouse then. :)

Don´t worry, if there´s a Shell nearby we´ll find it. :rofl:

I´ve tried to talk Richard into coming too, but no luck. Would be great if he could come too...

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Is it possible to put up postcodes (or whatever germany use) for the garages that sell v.power racing fuel or any of the garages selling 98+ so we can put them into our sat navs. thanks.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
There at the track basically bud, you drive past it to go to the guesthouse, i'll point it out.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
At the moment we´re looking at 1.50 Euro per liter for Aral Ultimate 100 and Shell V-Power Racing which is 100 RON too.

Unfortunately prices will more than likely be climbing further as holiday time in Germany started now and usually they up prices then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts