Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a lovely hks fuel pressure regulator fall through the letter box...but as i'm actually on a bit of a learning curve i could do with a bit of advice about it.

Sooo i fit it and i'll be able to adjust my fuel pressure but will it also change my air fuel ratios at the same time?

Basically i need someone to explain to me what i can do with it and what the pros and cons of it are.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm gonna fit a fuel pressure gauge as well at the weekend, so could someone advise me on whats the optimun fuel pressure to set it too?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It allows you to increase or decrease the presure of the fuel in the rail (obvious by the name). What this then does is allow more or less fuel to be pushed through the injectors when they are pulsed !!! More pressure equels more fuel. So if you were running lean increasing the pressure would add more fuel. !!

Hope that makes sence !!! :rolleyes:

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh i see, thanks Richard..:) ..So really i need to set it up whilst having my air fuel ratios monitored?

Also could you tell me the optimun air fuel ratio, i've read somewhere its 14.7-1 is this true?

Thanks for your help..:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts