Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I've seen when I fill up my car I get a small leak . Only when its filled never when I get couple of gallons . What could it be. Wet spots on is water. It's from the black area .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still having the leak . I put the car up and saw its 1 of the 3 lines next to the fuel tank. Are those special lines or just rubber lines ? Thank you

·
Registered
85 Posts
They are just rubber fuel hoses (8mm I think) that will connect to a hard pipe further along under the car where needed. Cant tell you what all 3 do though sorry.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
One on left is the syphon tube from the second half of the tank, 2 on the right are feed and return, you'll see little arrows on the top of the hat indicating which is feed (out) and return (in)

I'd check your rubber seal on the top hat (white plastic thing that the lines go onto) remove the plastic locking ring and lift the assembly out, there will be a big rubber ring sealing it.

if it's only happening when you fill the tank, chances are it's leaking past the oring and then when the fuel level goes down its fine as the fuel isn't near it any more

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One on left is the syphon tube from the second half of the tank, 2 on the right are feed and return, you'll see little arrows on the top of the hat indicating which is feed (out) and return (in)

I'd check your rubber seal on the top hat (white plastic thing that the lines go onto) remove the plastic locking ring and lift the assembly out, there will be a big rubber ring sealing it.

if it's only happening when you fill the tank, chances are it's leaking past the oring and then when the fuel level goes down its fine as the fuel isn't near it any more
Thank you.. just when I thought I was moving along this happens .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have everything to change the injectors, fuel filter and fuel pump . So why not change the lines

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay . Have to get a good look at it. I had the cae up in the air and it looked like it was from one of the 3 rubber hoses

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its probably just running down one of the lines instead of pooling on top, what sparkso is saying makes sense otherwise it would be happening more often rather than when the tank is full.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.. alot of fuel changing this weekend and hopefully fix the issue with the leak and my tune

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doing the fuel pump saw the line was cut at the top . But new issues is that on the black cover there is oil. First day seeing that. But the car up and looked. There isnt anything oil related in that area . Any idea ??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts