Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be getting my GTS soon.

What do you all recommend fuel wise - is normal unleaded ok or is it best to hunt out some super. Is it worth going for major brand like Optimax?

Whatever I do I'll reset the ecu and try to stick to the same fuel all the time, so at least it'll be consistent.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
At least

97 RON super. I use Texaco super 40% of the time, and Shell Optimax (98.5 RON I believe) the rest of the time. Certainly anything less, I believe, is not a clever plan unless you are desperate. Certainly wouldn't run high boost levels on normal unleaded. Kinda defeats the point of having a Skyline.

I for one reckon optimax is top stuff, can certainly feel the difference over texaco super, but maybe that's just me.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
I used to use Optimax 100% until it ended up costing more than the local Tex super. Seems everyone round here has lowered the price except the Shell garage.

Can't actually tell any difference anyway so now I use whatever's nearest.

Don't use straight unleaded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bottom line with fuel , the higher the Ocatane the better. ( obviously this doesnt apply to LPG).

Doesnt matter whether you run a skyline, scoob, cossie etc unless its standard forget about running it on unleaded!

Unleaded+decent boost = bye bye piston's!

Kev.:alco:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts