Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the dark mornings and nights closing I've noticed the amount of people who can't seem to drive in the dark without full beam being blasted on at every opportunity, Is a bit worrying. I feel like I'm constantly bracing my eyes for the impending blinding as I see a massive wall of light coming round the other way on a corner or someone trying to create an artificial aurora borealis coming up the other side of a hill I'm amount to go over.

Was coming back from a friends the other night along quite a narrow road in the woods (I mentioned the woods as it was pretty spooky as there were no light at all, I wasn't up to anything shifty) and had some form of 4x4 right behind me with his full beams on trying to mount my car like a rhino or something, Was not the most enjoyable experience of my recent driving adventures, Just grinds my gears.

I do see the irony in this story as one of the problems my r32 had was it was stuck on full beam the entire drive home when buying it as the plastic pin at the bottom of the stalk had broke and wedged the plastic mechanism on full beam, Which was fixed as soon as I got home.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
I'm with you on that , people forget how to use there lights I think , and go blind and just use full beam when it gets dark again ...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Then theres the ones who have one light out.I reckon i must see every 10th car with a faulty bulb!!!

I was also waiting to turn into the petrol station the other day when this Jag coming towards me flashed his lights.They were really bright with a bluey tinge to them.It became apparent just as i turned into the station across his path that he wasn't actually flashing me but it was the lights on his car 'shimmering' as if they were...there are some fishy bulbs on the market!!!!Im not sure if they're legal...

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
And don't get me started on those who leave the rear fog lights on when there's no bloody fog

Daz is a cap end

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Get some of these mofo's

A few rows of these on the roof would sort em out. Lol

Sent from ickle wickle phoney woney

Attachments

·
I fix problems the A team can't handle
96 Posts
If people are coming towards me with full beams on they get it straight back..

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
Thats why I used to love my old granada. full beam, built in spots, front fogs and spots in the grill.
450 watts on full whack :ylsuper:
Makes me sound old but that was in my younger days.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Totally get this.... Other morning it was stupidly foggy and with cars on dipped beam they were only visable from about 10meters away... Not to mention the amount of ice on the road...
8/10 cars decided sidelights or no lights were a better option for a 60mph dual carriage way... With no central reservation. 9/10 looked to be of the older(oap) age group... I guess with age comes wisdom, or is it suicidal tendencies???
Although it was a nice change from the above. Hate ignorant, lazy, inconsiderate drivers who have no respect for the law or other road users.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Last night coming home from my last call I had to flash 2 cars in the space of a mile cos they had no lights on in a built up area. Come on the bloody dash is all dark and you cannot be looking at the speed!

I find these days, not sure cos I'm getting older, but modern cars lights are blinding, the beam pattern don't seam to drop down across the road. Good bright road of them but bad for other road users!

·
loves fugues and skylines
223 Posts
My current car (not a lovely skyline) is rather low and pretty much everything beams me in the face.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Holy thread revival batman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts