Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if you guys know of any places that would do somthing like this?

Basically, what I wanna do is get around 600-700 quid and take it to a chap and say buy the best speakers, sub and amp and install them to my car all within that budget. I dont really know whats good and suck at installing stuff into my car.

Recon i'll be able to get a semi-decent set up within that budget? Dosnt have to be amazing just good sound and a nice bass kick ;D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Best advice i can give you is:
If you dont know much about audio DONT give "600-700 quid and take it to a chap and say buy the best speakers, sub and amp and install them" unless youve had it on good recommendation the place you take it REALLY knows their stuff. Not many audio shops do to be quite honest and many of the places that actually do know their stuff are only interested in selling you kit with the biggest mark ups and profit margins.
But yes you can get a nice sounding setup for that money.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that was my worry which is why I thought I'd ask and try and find some decent places.

I know one guy near me who is good but I plan to get a few diff quotes and then read reviews on what speakers/kit I've been offered from each company for the money if that makes sense.

·
Registered
615 Posts
if you look on the web there is a place in swindon (they also have other branches around so should have one near you) they are called sextons

i have done what you want to do and for the last 4 years have be the best
the sorted my
bmw,scooby and skyline out
and have done a good job and price

·
Legend
2,457 Posts
if you look on the web there is a place in swindon (they also have other branches around so should have one near you) they are called sextons

i have done what you want to do and for the last 4 years have be the best
the sorted my
bmw,scooby and skyline out
and have done a good job and price
Go with these mate ... expensive but they will fix it if it goes wrong . I find using the smaller dealers / hobbyists is not a good idea

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, cheers guys - Theres a sextons in soton too which is close to me. They seem to offer exactly what I'm looking for so I'll check them out some time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts