1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
SE Member / DJ
281 Posts
For that kind of money mate you may want to consider an SLR (Nikon / Canon) as with these smart sameras etc your only really paying extra for funky stuff that you can do seperately (ie share picture online)

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
As has been said I'd recommend going with a DSLR.

An entry level Canon etc DSLR will have autofocus, and a full auto setting.

This means you can just point and shoot, and then as your confidence increases you can start to make use of the manual settings.

If you are serious about wanting to get more into photography its the way to go ;)

·
SE Member / DJ
281 Posts
I would agree with Dave,

That uis a great price for a SLR especially with the extras. SLR's are extremely easy to use and quick to get the hang of and if you really get into it as he said you can learn to do more such as light painting, macro and abstract photography. Well worth the money and good fun

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
I'm a big fan on all things Samsung, except their cameras. Technology doesn't make a good camera, lenses do. Go with a Canon, Nikon or Sony SLR and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the replies guys :) is the samsung nx1000 not a dslr? i was under the impression that when you can switch between different mm lenses that made it a dslr? told you i know nothing about cameras lol

·
SE Member / DJ
281 Posts
Its a "fake SLR" if that makes sense. Its the body of a point and shoot with changeable lenses. If you're gonna be doing this you might aswell go SLR all the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts