Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as my new Skyline looks pretty cool and is at stage 1 already I'm goona spend my Christmas and Birthday money on a load of new gauges.

I have an R33 with twin airbags and no existing gauges and am wondering what size to get and where to put them all.

I am after at least

A boost guage, with peak hold
An air/fuel ratio gauge
An oil temp gauge
A fuel pressure gauge

And possibly a few others, if I can find room such as,
Oil pressure and water temp etc.

What I guess I am after is locations or better stil photos of where other people have put their gauges and any recomendation on type to go for.

I want to keep it all fairly subtle if possible :D as it's my currently my every day car.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
If you can live without the glove box, you can fit all of them in there...I think HKS do a fitment for it...but not sure!

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
hi chap have you seen this http://skylineowners.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4346

the basics are that you need 52mm or smaller if you want em to go in a din size stereo hole alot of jap gauges are 60mm so they'll be needing a pillar pod or dash top pod or somut.

SPA design do dual digital 50mm gauges so you can effectively have 6 gauges in a single din stereo hole - not cheap though; 160 each dual gauge

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was thinking a little less subtle than that, I think I ought to be able to see them, just don't want it looking too much like a race car.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
if you want cheap, as the dollar is very weak at the mo, go to www.omorimeter.com

I paid $77 (about £43 at the mo) for a 45mm boost guage. they do all the way up to 100 mm I think.

Dials could go by the stereo, I think these guys sell the inserts to go with it.

Hope this helps !

Moff

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was thinking a little less subtle than that, I think I ought to be able to see them, just don't want it looking too much like a race car.

The small dials seem like a good idea though, I was wondering if any one had put them between the air bag and glove box.

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Triple "A" pillar mount,not only looks the dogs,but keeps them in line of sight,handy if you are going sideways.If you don't want it to look too racy,stick with black faced dials.......?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The triple A pillar mount sounds like a good idea, anyone know who supplies ones that are a good fit for the liner.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Link doesn't work Brooksie

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
If you cut the crap off after the forward slash it does, but the site is as slow as **** and not that easy to navigate.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Yeah I figured getting to the homepage allright.....just couldn't be bothered to look through everything looking for exactly what was supposed to be in the original link. :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Seasoned Member
1,015 Posts
triple pillar mount

just fitted one of those to my 33gtr a little bit of trimming and in she went. looks good too. 3 racetech gauges in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts