Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after info on what diffrent gauges mean, well i mena what they shud be for my skyline, and what effects are of say oil temp to high or fuel and air wrong etc.
what is it worth getting? a mate in a r5 turbo was saying best he ever got was fuel and air mix measure.

so what do i need to look for, what figures shud my skyline be producing so i know it running sweet

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
what gauges do you have or do you want to install ?

oil temperature : if your oil is too cold it may transform to sludge, if its too hot it may burn and loose its effect, both cases lead to engine failure, ideally somewhere between 90 and 95°C

air fuel ratio : reads like a lambda sensor the mixture of air and fuel in your exhaust piping, ideally around 14.7, higher means too much air so a lean mixture which is bad for engine , lower value means rich mixture or too much fuel which is bad for the wallet and environment.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers

oil temp, oil pressure already in, water temp, air-fuel

any others other than bosst i could do with?

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
imo you have the essential ones
every gauge provides a lil extra info , the list is like endless so it depends on your budget and what you want
other gauges i have seen where exhaust gas temp, ammeter, voltmeter, fuel pressure, ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts