Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to not being able to sell this car as a whole, I am contemplating about selling the Stagea in parts as I need the money... Just came back from buying the cotbed and travel system for my little muchkin..who btw is due around late January :) Still kinda shocked at how much this first kid is gonna cost me!! He better be cute :) Whoops just got a slap from the missus!!

Hoping for a few suggestions on what the engine is worth with/ without the TD05 turbo. I am willing to split as I know the engine itself can take more power than what the TD05 is able to give.

Have dyno sheet from Perfect Touch to prove [email protected] and 300 lb/ft

Engine rebuilt by Garage Saurus in Feburary 1999
Part tuned by WITH corporation as a demo car for Cockpit/Wako parts shop. Receipts and documentation to prove including original auction sheet.

From one of the lists I have been able to translate that the
Block has been rebuilt and overhauled with...

RB26 crankshaft
Nismo bearings/shells
N1 87mm pistons
Uprated 1.5 headgasket

Lots of other stuff on the lists and the total spent on the engine bay adds up to the equivilant of £7500.

I don't mind getting the lists copied so those seriously interested in the engine can get proper translations.

Really don't want to do this as I was hoping someone would buy the car and maybe they could afford to get the manual conversion done to get the most out of the car...

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
cant you just put it in storage for a while? i ran a skyline witha small family ....

so get a smaller car and stick the stagea inthe garage....withall that space inthe back in a few years youll be wanting an estate....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was this car in the for sale section on here?
Yup.. Car was in the for sale and then I put it on Ebay auction as a last resort.. Was getting weird offers like a swap for a jeep and 22ft caravan !!??!!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I wouldnt sell up mate.. Ive had 2 kids and we arent exactly filthy rich (like keith).... You will be able to afford it.. :) But if you just want a change......

Write down a list of all your mods, interior, exterior, internal, external etc etc.. lol may be interested in a few parts :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cant you just put it in storage for a while? i ran a skyline witha small family ....

so get a smaller car and stick the stagea inthe garage....withall that space inthe back in a few years youll be wanting an estate....
I would love to keep the car as its a beaut... Only thing is that I have my first child on its way plus a wedding banquet to pay for in April next year. I'll get some of the money back from the wedding but need to get money now.

I already own another estate which will be the one I drive the family around in and a small 2 seater to get me to work everyday...Plus I've earmarked a 4dr R33 as my next toy but thats been put on hold until next year.

I've been keeping a keen eye on the gas conversion thread but seems kinda wasted on this car considering whats been done to the engine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldnt sell up mate.. Ive had 2 kids and we arent exactly filthy rich (like keith).... You will be able to afford it.. :) But if you just want a change......

Write down a list of all your mods, interior, exterior, internal, external etc etc.. lol may be interested in a few parts :)
I'm not exactly poor :) but maybe this Stagea is in my life at the wrong time. I already have a daliy commuter car and need a very economical family car as my other half's parents live in Portree, Isle of Skye and my wife would like to visit at least twice a year. I live near Eastbourne so we're talking a lot of stops to the petrol station !!!

Here's a link to my original for sale thread

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70209&highlight=stagea

I'm still hoping that someone will make a sensible offer for the whole car and not having to resort to breaking the car..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Look at the thread on lpg, lose a tad on power but gain 50%-ish on economy, also you get cheaper insurance, not sure on the tax.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look at the thread on lpg, lose a tad on power but gain 50%-ish on economy, also you get cheaper insurance, not sure on the tax.

I have thought of this before but not sure if it still applies to a heavily modified engine. Always worried that the engine might go bang with LPG as its running 1.1bar boost

1 - 9 of 9 Posts