Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been looking for a cheap set of coilovers, as two of my dampers have started leaking, and I found these on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250164261236

Has anyone had any experience of Gaz coilovers before? I found some threads on an mx5 forum that said they were good but have any skyline owners tried them?

I'm a bit put off by the advert to be honest, no spring rates and supposedly they're for "NISSAN SKYLINE 1989 onwards"! I assume from that they're for an R32 Gts-t but it doesn't mention that either :confused:

while typing this I've totally put myself off them :disappointed: but if anyone has any experience to make me think otherwise...

·
Registered
812 Posts
I might be totally wrong but are GAZ not owned by a guy that used to work for LEDA? LEDA have gone bust, as far as I know but they had a **** hot reputation for suspension. Could be those coiloers are a bargain, but I'd check GAZ's website first. http://www.gaz-shocks.co.uk/home.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys.

Andy, from what I could find online I think you're right, one of the guys at GAZ is from LEDA so it does sound a bit more tempting now. The Ebay seller has actually been very helpful too and is going to ring GAZ tomorrow to find out the spring rates and recommended setting/use.

Brad, I would have gone for those GAB's for that price, but from the pic it looks like some of the dust boots have split and the bushes will probably need replacing so I don't think i'll get them... I am quite interested in some other bits on there tho :)

Snap-on, thanks for the offer mate but I think I'm going to try the GAZ ones out. They come with a 2 year warranty and if I don't like them I'll sell them on after I've got through my MOT.

...I'll let you all know what I think of them if I do get them :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts