1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
what up now mate ???

·
Registered
953 Posts
try box oil first u may be able to rebuild her or try andy z as is in rochester and has r33 gtst for spares

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i was told by paul (applejack) that scott said he could use it this week. so i gave it to him last week at the meet. he is bringing it back down to u on wed i believe when he get the mot done. is this right?

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Box oil won't save it in my experience it may make it quieter though but not in my case, rebuilds start at around 700 quid at option depending on what parts are needed or if you want to uprate the internals like i did to take a bit more punishment your looking at about a grand+ you could buy a secondhand box but after fitting (if you don't do it yourself that is) i think it would be around the same figures and unless you've got the box history there's a possibility that it could go the same way as your original one. The choice is yours!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been told that skylines dont like down changing from 5th to 4th at high revs which is why im getting the crunch. any other people experience this?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
you need to slow down, dont go to cruises anymore :)

I came across a place selling a gearbox recently I will see if it is still available or not.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slow down??? coming from the harrier man thats funny :D

yeah if u could sarky id appreciate it. doesnt do though when the gearbox oil is cold.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
funny you hardly hear the harrier and then only get black flagged on the track :) or anyone got me on video on the roads... errr no..

Ill check out the gearbox and mail you shortly. Doesnt do it when its cold cos the oil is thick and takes ages to warm up in skylines. .

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm maybe i should use better oil then?? what u think sarky. also i have got u on video mate going round castle coombe and i think on that curry night we all shot down the 309 if u want a copy :D

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Does for me mate...

Go on to ebay and search for item number: 2432823017

Paul

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
video ?

·
M's Factory