Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,after my gearbox gave out on me i have decided to have a good look around at the different options open to me in regards to getting my gearbox back to how it should be.i've considered a rebuild and am now wondering if a reconditioned box is the way to go or buying one off a scrapper(i know there limited in numbers) is a realistic propersition. I'd just like peoples opinions and owners who have been in my situation what did you do?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I`v been there and I`m back there now:( I got myself a secondhand gearbox that was very nice and all the syncros worked but I knew the car it came from. I wouldn`t like to buy one from a scrappy as you could end up with the same problem as it is so common. A rebuild comes in at £1200-1300ish quid if you`v got a old type box as all the internals have been updated and the old type no longer available. (hence not being able to replace only the syncos etc). Other than that you could get a uprated gearkit for it but thats even more money. :(

I would say for cheapness get a secondhand one but get a guarantee so if you fit it and its nogood you can get your money back.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks richard,it's certainly difficult to know what to do for the best!does anyone know of any places that will fix or supply gearboxes and maybe reconditioned ones apart from the obvious sources like abbey?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts