Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best product to buy / use to get rid of the build-up of grime you get around hinges and locks etc? It's really set-in, so need something that's not too abrasive, but will bring up the area to it's original state.

:cheers:

·
Registered
669 Posts
megs to an all purpose cleaner which is good or even something like "gunk" or just supermarket degreaser for certain parts of the car is fine.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
Bilt hamber Sufrex is great for lots of still like that also does engine degreasing and interiors too just needs to be diluted down alot. Say 20:1 or 10:1..

But any all purpose cleaner would do as long as you polished and waxed after using ...ie flash

But before any of that I would try a snow foam and a good shampoo and two bucket wash..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Try mixing up some flash with water 1/5 in an old spray bottle. Spray on and agitate with a soft brush, should get rid of the worst of it. Might be worth re greasing the locking mechanism afterwards though.

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Muc Off is a very good degreaser, much better than Gunk because it won't leave your car smelling like diesel.

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
autoglym heavy duty TFR with a soft brush

Premix TFR 75 tfr/25 water
spray bottle
spray on area leave to soak
rinse off
spray on again
agitate with brush
rinse off

if needs be use a bit of Show Room Shine with a microfiber to bring a bit of luster back to the area in question

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Simple green! This is a American house hold cleaner. I have yet to find something it can clean. Horrible smell but can be used on ANY surface.

eBay should have some and can be sent in the post as its not flammable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts