Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, what with this sun we have been having Iv noticed that the car has loads of swirls all over it. So..... I set about claying the car and then did the meguairs 3 stage cleaning process. This helped but I can still see the swirls, can anyone suggest a cure for this?

P.S I wash the car using the two bucket method and use a wool mit.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
after claying the car i would use something like meguires scratch x,make sure you use a really soft cloth to buff it off with,then polish and wax

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about using the scratch x but it said on the stage 1 meguires paint cleaner that it removed swirls, so i thought I wouldnt need that.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
a good going over with scratch x is better imo,also i dont use polishing cloths as such,i go to a material suppliers and buy real fine cloth by the meter,works out quite a bit cheaper than buying packs from halfords or places like that

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right I will have to give it ago, just checked and apparently there is a swirl x 2 out lol! Might treat myself!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
autoglym do a anti swirl polish,in which ive used on black cars as blacks a friggen nightmare to work with(as i used to do valeting)i found it to be very good any car store should sell it,but personally if you see these indepent autoglym guys driving about,flag them down and buy your stuff from them in the gallon,you,ll probably et a gallon for £26,considering the retailer sells them for litre bottles for about a tenner,:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
The only real way to get rid of swirls effectively is to have the paintwork machine polished by a pro, this usually involves (depending how bad the swirls) working through different grades of polish to refine the paint so all swirls are removed, then having an IPA wipeover and a couple of coats of wax or sealant applied to protect the paint and help repel water and dirt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is quite expensive but the results speak for themselves.

Alternatively you can mask the swirls for a short period using products like Autoglym Super Resin polish which has fillers in it or by using a glaze which does the same sort of thing. These are only temporary though and will only last a couple of washes before they need re-applying.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
yeah do the antiswirl from autoglym,then try get hold of "radiant wax" from them,im pretty sure you cant buy it from the shop only the distributor.and also a bottle of liquid hard,mix both the radiant and liquid hard in both bottles say 50% and give a good shake,this mixture is for summer use in winter use radiant 75% and liquid 25%,this will put a protective shell on your car :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts