Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Car work on a budget, a very SMALL budget :(
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow North West people...!

I have posted a thread like this before but cannot find it so I thought I would post this in here rather than on the general forum.

I'm trying to get the car in tip top shape and I am going to be doing a lot of work on it over the Christmas holidays.

At the moment this is how the car is...

Japspeed Radiator
HKS Adjustable Actuator (0.7 bar I think at the moment)
Greddy Profec B S2 Boost Controller
Apexi SAFC 2
Braided Oil, Water and Brake Lines
FMIC
Pod Filter
Cat Back (everything before the Cat is stock)
Tein Superstreet Coilovers
HICAS is locked out

Over the Christmas holidays I am also going to respray the car if I can and clean up and respray the engine bay. I bought a compressor and paint gun... Also I am going to get rid of the transformers bonnet for something lighter and less garish!!!

I am looking for some other ideas on things to upgrade. I would like to replace all the old stock parts over time if I can do.

If anyone can provide me with some ideas on what would be best to upgrade next it would be good :)

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Downpipe and exhaust (have both of mine for sale) - not forcing this stuff on you mate lol but if its stock it will be restrictive and make running a pod\fmic a little pointless then I would go;

braided clutch line as your doing everything else
ECU \ remap and go for 0.8 bar

brakes are down to usage - if your fast road only then keep it stock calipers \ size but get some decent pads \ fluid \ braided lines - if you want track days or such then get some GTR brembos on the front as the standard setup will let you down

·
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brakes do seem a bit poop to be honest, wouldnt mind upgrading those at some point.

I was looking at downpipe, there are some Japspeed ones on Ebay for £80 (the split flow ones).

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Japspeed vs Greddy\TRUST - hmmm which one!

Gaz as its you and its xmas I'll do £75 delivered to your door as i have it down for £80+postage

ho ho ho
And i would like to point out i said i would be looking at the weekend to see if mines stock if not i wanted it :S

·
7,524 Posts
And i would like to point out i said i would be looking at the weekend to see if mines stock if not i wanted it :S
sorry Lance Gaz has beaten you to it with a commitment to buy

·
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its some custom thing that was on the car when I got it, its got 3 big vents near the back and looks a bit wierd...

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Hey Paul if your heading up this neck o the woods you fancy bringing diff too?? Two birds with one stone :)

gaz... Underseal with zinc182 ...amazing stuff... did mine three years ago and its still there!!!

Trust d pipe is ace... my first gtst had it with remap to 0.8 bar and it came on thick n fast!

Its better now tho :p

·
7,524 Posts
Hey Paul if your heading up this neck o the woods you fancy bringing diff too?? Two birds with one stone :)

gaz... Underseal with zinc182 ...amazing stuff... did mine three years ago and its still there!!!

Trust d pipe is ace... my first gtst had it with remap to 0.8 bar and it came on thick n fast!

Its better now tho :p
good thinkin bat man :) planning on going to Gaz on 27\28th any of those ok for u?

·
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone any good with a soldering iron and ecu's?

Need to wire in my Apexi SAFC and ill probably break it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts